IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You work at home and have a problem with a piece of equipment that you use for your job.
Write a letter to the shop or company which supplied the equipment. In your letter:
- describe the problem with the equipment
- explain how this problem is affecting your work
- say what you want the shop or company to do
Write at least 150 words.
I am writing to complain about a faulty wireless router that I bought from you.
My name is George and I purchased a wireless router from your shop recently. I usually work from home and my work involves taking online classes, talking to students over the phone and giving feedback. So, I need to connect to more than one device at a time using the router which you have provided.
Due to this, my work is getting hindered as I am unable to connect to internet on my phone when I am connected to my laptop. Initially, I thought it might be the problem with the internet service provider and raised a complaint with them. However, the service provider was able to connect to multiple devices simultaneously using a different router which proved that it is the router which is faulty.
I request you to please take necessary action to replace the faulty router as soon as possible. In case you are unable to replace the item, I demand a complete refund.
Awaiting for your reply.
Total Words: 180
Task Achievement: 9
Coherence & Cohesion: 9
Lexical resources: 8
Overall Score: Band 8.5Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs