IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
A friend you met last year has invited you to visit them in their country. You have never been there before and need some information before you leave.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- request advice about a gift for his/her family
- ask about activities and clothing
- find out about the food
Write at least 150 words.
I hope this letter finds you in the pink of health. First of all, I want to thank you for inviting me to your country. Since you know that I have not been there before, I need some information from you.
Firstly, could you please suggest me some gifts for your family. I remember that you had told me earlier that your son is 9 years old and is fond of cars. Would it be a good idea to pick some toys from ToysRUs? Additionally, how about some sweets and snacks from my country.
Also, I want to know the kind of activities we are planning during my stay. This would help me to decide the type of clothing I need to pack. Furthermore, please let me know about the kind of food you are planning to serve during my stay as I have some food allergies. I am allergic to mushrooms. Moreover, I do not eat pork beef and some kinds of seafood.
Please let me know these details so that I can plan my stay at your place comfortably.
Total Words: 170
Task Achievement: 9
Coherence & Cohesion: 9
Lexical resources: 8
Overall Score: Band 8.5Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs