IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants. You talked to him and he suggested that you should contact him about a possible job in one of his restaurants.
Write a letter to this businessman. In your letter:
- remind him when and where you met
- tell him what kind of job you are interested in
- say why you think you would be suitable for the job
Write at least 150 words.
I hope this letter finds you in pink of health. I am writing to remind you about a job offer you made to me during our meeting in a flight.
My name is David and we met in a plane last week while travelling from Sydney to Melbourne. During our conversation, you promised me with a possible job in one of your restaurants in Australia.
As a matter of fact, I have done a course in hotel management from one of the top management schools in Australia. Moreover, I have good exposure in Front Desk Management. In fact, I have 6 years experience as a Front Desk Manager. Additionally, I have good customer service skills, which have helped be bag various accolades from customers.
I would like to work in an organisation which will utilize my skills and allow me to grow within the organisation. My skills and expertise wil definitely be an asset for your organisation. Based on my post experience and level of interest, could you please suggest the role of a Front Desk Manager in one of your restaurants.
Waiting for your reply.
Total Words: 190
Task Achievement: 9
Coherence & Cohesion: 8
Lexical resources: 7
Overall Score: Band 8Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs