Too busy to read this post? Listen to it in Audio format.
IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You will move to a new city for work. You know some people who live there.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
- Ask them for help finding accommodation
- Tell them where you would like to live
- Tell them the type of place you are looking for
Write at least 150 words.
I am writing to request some help in finding accommodation in Singapore. I recently got transferred to Singapore and would soon be starting my work at Changi.
As you know that I am completely new to Singapore, I need your help in finding a suitable accommodation which is close to my office. Mainly, I would prefer to stay in a condominium which has all the facilities like gym, swimming pool, etc.
I also prefer to stay in a locality which is well connected with public transport like buses, trains, etc. Besides, it would be great if the apartment is close to facilities like hospitals, vegetable market, and so on.
Moreover, as my family is going to accompany me in Singapore along with my four year old child, I wanted to stay close to a nursery. Kindly consider my requirements and help me in finding a suitable accommodation.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Total Words: 160
Task Achievement: 9
Coherence & Cohesion: 9
Lexical resources: 9
Overall Score: Band 9Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs