IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a friend who lives there for some help.
Write a letter to this friend. In your letter
- give details of your study plans
- explain why you want to get a part-time job
- suggest how your friend could help you find a job
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows: Dear ______,
Hope you are in the pink of health. In my previous letter, I had mentioned about my plans to further my studies in Australia. Well, I gave some consideration towards my post-graduate studies and yes, my dad has finally approved my departure. My studies will commence in February 2019 at Sydney University. I have chosen Masters of Accounting as my major and will be flying to Sydney in mid January, just to settle in.
Due to the high exchange rate from Malaysian Ringgit to Australian dollars, I need to ease my parents' burden by taking up some part time job in the city. Not to mention, I noticed that student rental has skyrocketed over the years. This gives me more reasons to be financially independent,
I recall that your mom's friend has an accounting firm in Sydney. It would be kind of you to speak to your mom and to inform her that I am interested to work with her friend.
I've got to stop my letter here, as I'm running late for my piano class.
Do let me know if you have any updates for me.
Total Words: 180
Task Achievement: 9
Coherence & Cohesion: 9
Lexical resources: 9
Overall Score: Band 9Tags: general general training model answer writing writing essay writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs