IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
Your friend is planning to visit you.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
- say how you feel about the visit
- suggest what you could do on her/his birthday
- try to find out what your friend this of your idea
Write at least 150 words.
I hope my letter finds you in good health. I am extremely pleased to hear about your plan to visit me in Qatar in March this year. It will be great and exciting to spend some quality time with you after so many years.
I am most enthusiastic about the fact I can celebrate your birthday with you this year. I have planned the whole thing out; we will go on a cruise in the Arabian sea on a traditional boat called 'Dhow.' The cruise will be of three hour duration and will include a traditional Arabic buffet dinner with your favorite 'Shish Tawook' kebab. There is a live band on the cruise that plays song requests as well as provides the orphan of karaoke singing. I am certain that you will immensely enjoy the show on the cruise.
Please do let me know your honest opinion about my plan. In case you would like to do something else, feel free to drop me a note and I will try my best to make your birthday extra special for you.
Looking forward to seeing you soon. Please convey my regards to your parents.
Total Words: 210
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & Cohesion: 8
Lexical resources: 8
Overall Score: Band 8
For unlimited feedback with speaking and writing tasks sign up for IELTS Twenty20 Online Course today!
Study 20 minutes a day for 20 days and Ace the IELTS exam.Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
Useful resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Free IELTS Level Check
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs