Too busy to read this post? Listen to it in Audio format.
IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
A large company in your area has decided to spend a certain amount of money, either to sponsor a local children's sports team for two years, or to pay for two open-air concerts. It has asked for feedback from the general public.
Write a letter to the company. In your letter:
- describe the benefits of sponsoring the sports team
- summarise the benefits of paying for the concerts
- say how you think the company should spend some money
Write at least 150 words.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to provide my feedback regarding your decision to sponsor a children's sports team or pay for two open-air concerts in my area.
To begin with, there are various advantages of sponsoring the sports team. Children get opportunity to participate in sports at national and international level. This will give them opportunity to get recognized globally. Moreover, encouraging children to participate in sports has various health benefits.
On the other hand, ther eare certain benefits of paying for live concerts. People get a chance to relax by listening to the soothing music performed in concerts. Moreover, music mitigates the stress. It has calming effect on the mind and hence is beneficial for health.
Finally, both sports and music are essential for healthy lifestyle. I suggest that you could spend partly sponsoring a sports team for 1 year instead of 2 years and partly on opening one open-air concert instead of two.
Hoping that you will consider my suggestion.
Total Words: 190
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & Cohesion: 8
Lexical resources: 7
Overall Score: Band 7.5Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs