Too busy to read this post? Listen to it in Audio format.
IELTS Exam October 2019 - Writing task 2 Topic
Some people believe that because of modern technology it is no longer necessary for people to learn handwriting skills, but others think that handwriting is still an important skill.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Ideas for the essay
"Handwriting no longer necessary" arguments:
- Smartphones and computers have taken the place of pen and paper.
- Most people carry around a smartphone and take notes using apps so handwriting is no longer necessary.
- Most professional and academic communication happens via emails and digital documents which do not require handwriting skills.
"Handwriting is still important" arguments:
- Handwriting is not only used for communication but also for improving fine motor skills in children hence it is important.
- Famous authors still hand write their manuscripts because it helps them focus on the content more.
- Computers and phones can be distracting.
Do you have more ideas? Write an essay on the above topic and submit for review using the button below:
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs