This tutorial will teach you the different IELTS essay types that you can encounter in IELTS Writing Task 2.
HOT BONUS 1:You get access to both, general and academic IELTS modules. 2 courses for the price of 1
HOT BONUS 2:You get feedback & band scores for writing or speaking tasks prepared by one of our experienced IELTS teachers.
HOT BONUS 3:You get the Last Minutes IELTS Tips guide I swear by. If you want top band scores in IELTS this guide will take you there.
HOT BONUS 4:You get access to a large exclusive community of IELTS candidates from all over the world for network and support
HOT BONUS 5:Complete the FREE LEVEL CHECK above and get an EXTRA 10% off on ANY plan. Use Coupon Code: AUSSIE at check out
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Academic Writing Task 1 Marking Criteria
- How to write an introduction & overview?
- Writing reports on static charts
- How to Identify Key Features in a Chart?
- Writing reports on dynamic charts
- Writing reports on diagrams showing processes
- Writing reports on tables
- Language to describe trends
- How To Score Band 7+ in Academic Writing Task 1?
- Submission 1 - Finland Telephone Calls (Dynamic Chart)
- Submission 2 - Compare visits to music sites (Dynamic Chart)
- Submission 3 - Production of Photographs (Process Diagram)
- Submission 4 - Sales of Jeans (Dynamic & Static Chart)
- Submission 5 – Turtle Population (Line Chart)
- Submission 6 - Cultural activities (Table)
- Submission 7 – Oil Production (Bar Chart)
- Submission 8 - Airport Visitors (Bar Chart)
- General Writing Task 1 Marking Criteria
- Understanding the purpose of the letter
- Recognising the type of letter and writing in consistent tone - formal vs informal
- Practice Exercise - Identify the tone and purpose of the task 1 letter
- How to begin and end your letter appropriately?
- How to write a letter of introduction?
- How to write a letter of complaint?
- How to write a letter of apology?
- How To Score Band 7+ in General Writing Task 1?
- Submission 1 - Applying for work
- Submission 2 - Restaurant decor
- Submission 3 - Moving to a new city
- Submission 4 - Selling your TV
- Submission 5 - Feedback to Course Administrator
- Submission 6 - Suggestions to theater manager
- Writing Task 2 marking criteria
- IELTS essay types
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of task 2 essay?
- How to brainstorm & organise your ideas for IELTS Writing Task 2
- How to plan the structure of your task 2 essay?
- How to write an introduction for IELTS Writing Tasks?
- How to use tenses correctly in writing tasks?
- Vocabulary & Grammar for writing tasks
- How to manage time & adhere to word count limits for writing tasks?
- How to achieve cohesion and coherence in writing tasks?
- Writing an essay discussing the causes of a problem & suggesting solutions
- Writing essay giving an opinion
- Writing essay discussing advantages and disadvantages
- How to score Band 7+ in IELTS Writing Task 2?
- Frequently Asked Questions About IELTS Writing Test
- Submission 1 - Waste Management
- Submission 2 - Role of Women
- Submission 3 - Environment
- Submission 4 - Money
- Submission 5 - Parenting
- Submission 6 - Education
- Submission 7 - Crime
- Submission 8 - Shopping
- Submission 9 - Society
- Submission 10 - Internet
- Submission 11 - Travel
- Submission 12 - Space Exploration
- IELTS Essay Samples of Past Band 9 Students
- Strategies for All IELTS Reading question Types
- "Matching headings to paragraphs/sections" questions in IELTS Reading
- "Multiple Choice" questions on IELTS Reading
- "Multiple Selection" questions in IELTS Reading?
- "Gap Fill" and "Diagram Labelling" questions in IELTS Reading?
- "Short Answer", "Sentence Completion" & "Flowchart Completion" questions
- "True / False / Not Given" questions in IELTS Reading?
- How to answer "Summary Completion" questions in reading?
- Speed Reading Tips
- How to score Band 7+ in IELTS Reading?
- Frequently Asked Questions About IELTS Reading Test
- Reading Practice - New SUV in the United States
- Reading Practice - The Rolling Stones
- Reading Practice - Stem Cell Research
- Reading Practice - Heart Defects
- Reading Practice - Robots at work
- Reading Practice - US Army Veteran
- Reading Practice - Job Satisfaction
- Reading Practice - London to Brighton Bike Ride
- Reading Practice - Product Return
- Reading Practice - Sentence Completion
- Reading Practice - Flowchart Completion
- Frequently Asked Questions About IELTS Speaking Test
- IELTS Speaking Test Format
- What do IELTS examiners look for in the speaking test?
- How to answer self-introduction question (part 1) of IELTS Speaking?
- How to answer the individual long turn phase (Part 2) of IELTS speaking test?
- How to answer the two-way discussion phase (Part 3) of an IELTS speaking test?
- How to identify and address the main subject of the question?
- How To Deal With Unknown Topics in Speaking?
- How to score Band 7+ in IELTS Speaking?
- How To Quickly Improve Your English Speaking for IELTS?
- Tips For Improving Fluency & Coherence in Spoken English
- Tips For Improving Vocabulary and Grammar for IELTS Speaking
- Tips For Improving Pronunciation for IELTS Speaking
- Speaking Practice 1
- Speaking Practice 2
- Speaking Practice 3
- Speaking Practice 4
- Speaking Practice 5
- Listening sections and question types
- Frequently Asked Questions About IELTS Listening Test
- Strategy for answering questions in the IELTS Listening test
- Listening for maps, addresses and directions
- Listening to names, spellings and numbers
- Listening for changes in tone, pitch and volume of the speaker
- How to answer "Sentence completion" & "Summary Completion" Questions?
- How to answer "Table completion" & "Diagram Labelling" Questions in Listening?
- How to score band 7+ in IELTS Listening Test
- Listening Practice 1
- Listening Practice 2
- Listening Practice 3
Return to IELTS Twenty20 - Online IELTS Course
Tel: +61 450 973 975
Recent Exam Topics
- IELTS Exam – Sydney – June 14, 2019
- IELTS Exam – India – June 11, 2019
- IELTS Exam – Nigeria – June 10, 2019
- IELTS Exam – USA – June 10, 2019
- IELTS Exam – Saudi Arabia – June 9, 2019
- IELTS Exam – Sri Lanka – June 8, 2019
- IELTS Exam – Turkey – June 8, 2019
- IELTS Exam – India – June 7, 2019
- IELTS Exam – Egypt – June 7, 2019
- IELTS Exam – Australia – June 6, 2019
- I scored BAND 7 in IELTS Writing first time but now I’m stuck at 6.5
- IELTS Q&A: Writing – Can I leave a blank line after each line so I can go back and make corrections?
- IELTS Q&A: Reading – Wrote T instead of TRUE and F instead of F
- IELTS Q&A: Writing – Will I lose marks for writing more than the word limit
- IELTS Q&A: Speaking – Boring or uninteresting answer
©2012-2019 All prices are in USD. IELTS Online Practice is provided by Wisekangaroo Pty Ltd (ABN: 86 159 373 770)