This IELTS Playlist will give you some great tips and strategies on how to answer "Sentence completion" & "Summary Completion" questions in IELTS Listening..
Here is the basic strategy that you need to follow for this question type:
STEP 1: Read the instructions carefully.
- Read the sentences carefully before the recording starts and during the 30 seconds given. As you do this, underline the key words.
- Try to work out what you are going to hear.
- Decide what you need to listen out for.
STEP 2: Anticipate grammatical forms as well as vocabulary.
- If the sentences are part of a table, check whether they are horizontal or vertical.
- Listen to the introduction given carefully.
- Answer the questions as you listen. The information will be given in the same order as the questions, although it may be expressed differently.
- You may use your own words.
- Make sure your sentences are grammatically correct.
- Make notes beside the question if you are not sure of the answer.
Check out the playlist below for examples and tips on this section.
Click on the playlist below to start learning NOW!
As always, if you have any questions about this topic feel free to ask in the comments below or email us on [email protected]
Best of luck.