IELTS Exam – Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam – January 21, 2018

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  linh 3 months ago.

• Author
     linh

Dear All,
    I would like to share the questions from the academic test I took on 20 & 21 Jan 2018 in Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam
    Speaking: (21Jan)
    Part 1:
    – Where do you live at the moment? Is it an interesting neighborhood? How far is it from here?
    – What kind of sport do you enjoy? What was some outdoor/sport event you had attended? Do you enjoy outdoor activities?
    Part 2: Topic card: Describe a person you know who is very popular. You should say, who the person is, how do you meet the person, what are the person’s characteristics and why is it an interesting person?
    Extra question: do you want to become a popular person?
    Part 3: Celebrity & leadership:
    – What make celebrities famous? [then i went on about how talent & appearance can make them famous, also added that in my countries some people became famous overnight just because they did some stupid things & thanks to social media that spread the trend, which led to the following questions]
    – But these people without talent they’ll only stay famous for a very short time dont you think?
    – Are celebrities good examples for young people?
    – Why do you think some people want to become leader while others want to follow? [my answer was it’s genetic and people were born with certain characteristics…] => So people will not have a chance to improve and they”ll stay with what they’re born with? <= last question, I was so happy to hear the examiner saying 'you're free to go' lol Listening: (20Jan) Section 1: Note completion regarding Garage sales Section 2: MCQ & note completion regarding Course Consultant Section 3: MCQ & sentence mapping about an extension plan of a hospital Section 4: Note completion & MCQ on Sport & Television Reading: Passage 1: Koala – YNNG, MCQ Passage 2: Affect of weather on economy and agriculture… – Heading & summary completion using words from the passage Passage 3: Intelligence: Mapping information with name of researchers, summary completion using words from the passage, MCQ Also there were 3 questions I couldnt remember which passage they were asked: this information belong to which paragraph Writing: Task 1: bar chart about percentage of cinema goers in one European country in 2003, 2006 and 2007, from Monday through Sunday Task 2: Research shows that many business meetings and training are increasingly taking place online. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages? My comment: I think Listening part was quite tricky. I had done a lot of practice tests but hadn't seen both note completion and MCQ in section 4.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Send us an email with any questions about our courses and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2012-2018 All prices are in USD. IELTS Online Practice is provided by Wisekangaroo Pty Ltd (ABN: 86 159 373 770)

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account