IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You have lost an item of value on a train.
Write a letter to the railway company. In your letter:
- describe the item
- explain where and when you left it
- say what action you would like the company to take
Write at least 150 words.
I am writing to complain regarding the loss of my bag on your train. My name is Tina and I am frequent traveller on your train on Route C.
On Monday, as usual, when I was going to my office on your train; I lost my brown colour leather bag. Actually, I fell asleep after I had got into your train at around 9;30 AM at Stevenson station. Later I realised that I had forgotten my bag in the train.
I have various valuable items in the bag like my employee ID without which I will be unable to enter my office. I also have my wallet inside the bag which contains some cash and credit cards.
Could you please take necessary action and help me in searching my bag. I also request you to convey the message to the railway staff who are on duty during this time.
Please let me know if you need any further details. I am reachable at 98104980.
Total Words: 210
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & Cohesion: 8
Lexical resources: 8
Overall Score: Band 8Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
Useful resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Free IELTS Level Check
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs